Forgive me if this did the rounds ages ago and I missed it, otherwise if Jack Nicholson on advertising sounds like fun then suggest you give it a go ...
1. Everything is cultural (nothing can step outside of cultural representation)
2. Culture is the richest repository of innovation and brand development ideas
3. Inspiration exists in everything (cf. Paul Smith)
4. Branding is an art (but science can help)
5. Strategy cannot be divorced from execution (overlook design at your peril)
6. Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers (cf. HL Mencken)
7. Diversity and inconsistency keeps life interesting for people (thus everything about this blog is subject to change)